To adjust mileage on some Mercedes Benz (most between 2006-2014 year). As I understand, the cars are storing the mileage in many modules. Like IC, EIS, SRS, ESP, etc. The most important is EIS, because if I modify the mileage in the instrument cluster, it will read the correct value from EIS (if it has a higher value). Which tool is capable to read and write EIS? I share you my experience and suggestion: use Xhorse VVDI prog programmer for both EIS AND CLUSTER. plus, not set to 0, just set needed mileage in two ecu. With Xhorse VVDI Programmer you can read and write the EIS.
How to read and write the EIS with VVDI Prog:
Go to immobilizer- Benz- and see. It is not obd tool. It is programmer. Need to read memory and make changes.
Both – eis and cluster at least.
MB cars for right correction required at least to make changes in 2 ecu – eis and dash(I am not talking about mileage stored in ecu. just basic) and tools like MB VVDI breaks synchronization between it. in real life U can see example EIS -160000 and Dash 180000 after this operation.
w251 EIS is equal w164. plus no universal tool for this kind of work. plus fbs4 cars I have never tried yet.
How to correct the mileage in a w204?
For how would you correct the mileage in a w204 with VVDI programmer?
You need other tool. As I said before, no universal tool existing. If I need to do that I could not to make due my equipment – I need to buy something for this.
Xhorse chief engineer confirm that VVDI MB could modify EIS mileage by IR and bench connection, some locks need to backup gateway data to modify mileage, for the details, please refer to VVDI MB BGA Tool user manual:
VVDI MB tool is able to repair dashboard KM for the following type:
- C(W204), GLK(X204), CLK(W207), E(W212), SLS(W197), CLS(W218)
- R-Class(W251), GL(X164), ML(W164)
- E-Class(W211), CLS(W219)
- S-Class(W221), CL(216)
- W166, W172, W246, W231
- W204, W207, W212…and S-Class(W221), CL(216): If you want block KM synchronization between EZS and dashboard, you need backup CGW(Gateway) EEPROM and FLASH before write KM
- For S-Class(W221), CL(216), block KM synchronization require update Gateway FLASH and EEPROM. You can provide the FLASH and EEPROM that you have. If you don’t provide these files. We will use the FALSH and EEPROM from Gateway, only need some time to read it
- W166, W172, W246, W231 and W205: these 2 types only support change KM in dashboard. Don’t support block KM synchronization between EZS and dashboard. You can install extra CAN filter yourself or erase EIS
- Warning: This function only use for KM repair, please follow the local legislation