Purpose:BMW 1series E87 mileage reset
Tool option :Tacho Pro 2008 programmer
Modell 1er BMW (E87)
Use the board M35080 and clip smd8
Adjustment is done in 3 steps:
1. eeprom in instrument
2. CAS programming with BMW CAS connector
- Remove the instrument and open it
- Look for the 8-pin chip M35080
- ( remove this chip)
- connect the clip with port M35080.
- Connect the clip to the chip M35080 (red to pin 1).
- Select in theTacho Universal BMW ->1er->E87 -> M35080 clip
- The Tacho Universal showns you the original km.
- Save the data!!!
- Go back to the menue BMW ->1er-> 35080-0 (erase) and wait until Tacho Universal
- displays „OK“
- Select BMW -> 1er-> 87-> M35080 clip
- Load the original data you saved before and write it completely to the chip
- Error message „data not equal“ can be ignored
- Select BMW -> 1er->E87 -> M35080 clip and program the new km.
- Do not install the instrument back yet! Before that, the CAS must be programmed
- to “0”
- Please follow the instructions carefully!!!
Connect the cluster connector from car to port A. (Pin1 to red)
Before you pull a fuse,
remove the key and store it away from the car!
While programming, do not open or close any doors or touch any buttons!!!
- Remove the small fuse. The fusebox is on the passengers side behind the glovebox. See picture.
- Important: the small fuse stays removed during the complete process.
- Connect the Can Dongle with the BMW CAS cable and the cluster connector in the car.
- Select BMW -> 1er -> E87 -> Cas Prog
- Follow exactly the instructions in Diga-Display, like „light on/off“
- When it asks to „remove fuse“, the big fuse must be removed
- I fit asks you to put it back, put back the big fuse
- after programming is finished, put back the small fuse
- Connect the connector shown to the OBD2
- Connector and select the menue „Errorscan“.
- Wait until the main menues returns.
- This can take about 5 minutes!
This toturial also available to change mileage on BMW 3series E90 E91.