If you are planning to use obdstar X300 dp plus to do Peugeot Citroen mileage correction, it’s very necessary to read the following tips. IMPORTANT
Be sure to backup before correcting mileage.
1: The dashboard mileage should be corrected first ( Because the dashboard needs to through BSI to communication via OBD).
2: VERY IMPORTANT
When the screen displays “Mileage correction Succeed”, quickly unplug the dashboard or the dashboard fuse when the ignition is ON (Note: Don’t turn off the ignition and then unplug the dashboard, otherwise it will be synchronized by BSI).
3: Adjust BSI freely without plugging to the dashboard.
- After both the dashboard and BSI is reset successfully, plug the dashboard or the fuse.
More info: OBDSTAR DP Plus done Peugeot Citroen BSI odometer correction:
- During the mileage adjustment process, ensure that the power is sufficient and the voltage is stable;
- Before performing the adjustment, you must first read and save the instrument and BSI data (EEPROM and FLASH);
- For the mileage adjustment, it needs to adjust the instrument and BSI module at the same time. If one of them is adjusted first, it will be synchronized by the data of another module and restored to the original mileage. The solution is as follows:
Method ①: First remove the adjustment, do not pull the plug, and then adjust the instrument mileage through OBD. After the adjustment is successful, immediately unplug the instrument (as fast as possible), and then adjust the BSI mileage through OBD. The value is consistent with the instrument. After that, enter the reading mileage, confirm the mileage to be adjusted, and then install the instrument;
Method ②: First adjust the instrument mileage through OBD. After the adjustment is successful, immediately unplug the instrument power supply fuse (as fast as possible, it is recommended to unplug the fuse before adjusting the instrument to check whether the instrument is powered off), and then adjust the BSI mileage through OBD. The value is consistent with the instrument. After that, enter the reading mileage, confirm the mileage to be adjusted, and then install the instrument fuse;
The instrument fuse is on the BSI, and the BSI position is generally below the steering wheel, as shown below.
Note: The position of the fuses may vary depending on years and models. According to the BSI module brand type, Valeo is generally F21, Continent is generally F19, and JHNSON CONTRLS is generally F12…;
- BSI menu is based on types, such as “CONTINENTAL BSI-Q0X”, where CONTINENTAL is the BSI brand name, Q0X is the BSI type, X stands for any number 0-9, the device can automatically recognize, if not, the types are not supported. Types can be seen on the BSI module label, as shown below.