Look here:Tacho Pro 2008 change mileage for BMW 7series E65 E66 (only facelift) success!
Use the board M35080 and clip smd8
Adjustment is done in 3 steps:
1. eeprom in instrument
2. CAS programming with BMW CAS connector
If the chip is 35080 V6 you must replace it by a new. This is new not erasable generation.
- Remove the instrument and open it
- Look for the 8-pin chip M35080
- ( remove this chip)
- connect the clip with port M35080.
- Connect the clip to the chip M35080 (red to pin 1).
- Select in theTacho Universal BMW->5er/7er/X5-> E6X/E65/E66 ->M35080 clip
- TheTacho Universal showns you the original km.
- Save the data!!!
- Go back to the menue BMW->5er/7er/X5->E6X/E65/E66 ->35080-0 (erase) and
- wait until Tacho Universal displays „OK“
- Select BMW->5er/7er/X5->E6X/E65/E66 -> M35080 clip
- Load the original data you saved before and write it completely to the chip
- Error message „data not equal“ can be ignored
- Select BMW->5er/7er/X5-> E6X/E65/E66 -> M35080 clip and program the new km.
- Do not install the instrument back yet! Before that, the CAS must be programmed
- to “0”
- Please follow the instructions carefully!!!
2. CAS with the BMW CAS connector
Connect the cluster connector from car to port B. (Pin1 to red)
Before you pull a fuse,
remove the key and store it away from the car!
While programming, do not open or close any doors or touch any buttons!!!
- Connect the Can Dongle with the BMW CAS cable and the cluster connector in the car.
- Select BMW->5er/7er/X5-> E6X/E65/E66 -.Cas Prog
- Follow exactly the instructions in Diga-Display, like „light on/off“
- When it asks to „remove fuse“, the fuse in picture must be removed
- if it asks you to put it back, put back the big fuse
- after programming is finished, put back the small fuse
- Very Important if you are asked to insert fuse, first connect the connector then insert the fuse!
Fusebox in right side of the trunk !
Connect the connector shown to the OBD2
connector and select the menue „Errorscan“.
Wait until the main menues returns.
This can take about 5 minutes!